Bored again
I'm bored again. I pretty much only read manga today. I read through the entirety of Beastars. It's really good. That's the short of it. The long of it, this manga discusses racism and sexism. Pretty much all the -isms. It paints this plot so well under the guise of Carnivore animals vs Herbivore animals. Lots of themes are discussed which include but are not limited to controlling your desires. Supermacy, which funnily enough goes both ways. Herbivores are weaker than Carnivores. They are prey, you can't change that. Yet, sometimes the way they painted themselves as an always-victim resulted in hatred and resentment towards the hunters.
The hunters were also complacent. They just accepted that they are monsters and they can't change. They are dangerous and they would either lean into that reality or forever hate themselves. One comment I read describes it as a "dysfunctional society" and I don't think there's a better way to put it.
It was a moving read. I'm still bored now, though. Not having friends nearby means I get to do nothing. My laptop being broken also means I get to do nothing. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING DUDE. GOD
Anywayss, I'll distract myself by working on something until I feel better. Youtube videos aren't cutting it either, they only make me feel more anxious because I want to make my own videos.
Comments
Post a Comment